Position: Instrumentation Engineer
Responsible for carrying out instrumentation design engineering activities, including coordination with the instrumentation design and other discipline groups.
- Perform FEED, Studies, and detailed design engineering, analysis and calculations on more complex and demanding engineering tasks.
- Prepare specifications, datasheets, reports, technical notes, procedures, RFQ and procurement packages for Purchase Order award and material requisitions as well as bid evaluations as required.
- Gain familiarity with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline
- Experience in SPI Administration such as Database set-up, templates creation, reports generation will be an advantage for the position
- Performs all Automation and Instrumentation (A&I) design engineering functions under minimal supervision.
- Experience and good understanding of DCS, ESD and F&G systems is required.
- Knowledge in the specification, evaluation and documentation of electronic and pneumatic field instruments.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and programmable electronic safety shutdown systems.
- Familiar with SPI Intools and Instrucalc software for Instrumentation selection and sizing.
- Experience in off-shore facility projects works with multi-discipline projects.
- Supports or acts as necessary, to oversee project progress, monitor staffing, budget and change order requirements and attend project meetings.
- May be assigned to work on complex projects with conflicting design requirements, unconventional materials or installation requirements.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment.
- Provides technical guidance to instrumentation designers and less experienced engineers and be consulted by associates.
- Review specifications, datasheets, reports, technical notes, procedures, RFQ and procurement packages for Purchase Order award and material requisitions as well as bid evaluations as required.
- Able to 3D model reviews
Education: Bachelors in Instrumentation & Control or Electrical or Electronics Engineering or related field. & Professional Engineer license preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years with major contractor / consultant in the oil / gas industry, predominantly performing detail design of offshore facilities
Qualifications: Registered professional/chartered engineer.