Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our valued client, a major Oil and Gas producer, has an opportunity for a Senior Safety & Operational Integrity Advisor in Lloydminster, SK for a 6 month contract.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
Safety champion within Safety & Operations Integrity business unit. To lead the local Safety and Operations Integrity (S&OI) team in line with S&OI strategy and facility/business safety and operational integrity plans in collaboration with the facility/business leadership. . The Senior Safety & Operational Integrity Advisor must be able to work effectively across departments to gather information and influence change.
- To provide an independent view of risk including:
- Providing approval and endorsements, based on delegated authorities, for deviations to mandatory requirements and standards
- Referring approval and endorsement decisions to the relevant technical authorities as per delegated authorities
- To provide investigation leadership as required
- Escalate safety and operational integrity issues as required
- To provide assurance on safety and operational integrity related matters
- To provide direct safety and operational support to the facility/business, including:
- safety and operational coaching and mentoring at a facility/business level
- safety and operational integrity reporting as required
- To participate in and be a member of the facility/business and Deployed S&OI leadership teams
- Safety documentation creation/updating: Incident summaries, presentations, alerts, standards, guidelines, hazard assessments.
- Emergency exercise planning/coordination (site, office tabletop)
- Monitor/assess adherence to HSE requirements, HSE plans, OH&S legislation, contract conditions, etc. (audit assurance activities).
- Manage incident data, evidence, action items
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce, or Computer Science, or equivalent training and experience will be considered
- Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or a related post-secondary certificate or designation
- 5 to 8+ years’ experience working as a safety professional, S & OI manager
- Working knowledge of Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Must be able to interpret and provide advice to managers, supervisors and employees in matters pertaining to the application of relevant workplace health and safety legislation
- Experience with incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio
- Strong inter-personal and indirect influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of individuals at various organizational levels
- Excellent facilitation, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Willing to travel to the USA
- Willing to relocate to Lloydminster
- Experience with management systems development and implementation
- Experience working in the oil and gas industry
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Strong communication