Job DescriptionJob Title – Maintenance Planner
Location – Charleston, WV
Employee Type – Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing EPC Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Maintenance Planner to support a major petrochemical plant based in Charleston, WV.
The Maintenance Planner reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible to manage the scheduling processes, conforming to company standards and world class best practices as part of an integrated operation, maintenance and reliability team. The main responsibility of this position is to schedule maintenance work efficiently in order to optimize resource utilization, minimize the duration of the work as well as the risks to the schedule while ensuring a safe and efficient execution of the work. This position requires close coordination with Maintenance personnel, as well as with the Production, Technical Services, Supply Chain Management and HSSE departments.
- Provides necessary planning information that insures safe and efficient execution of maintenance jobs; Plans all outages and T/A work orders.
- Participates in the management of notifications and work order backlogs
- Reviews work orders notifications for accuracy; uses task lists for repetitive jobs; uses and creates BOM where appropriate; updates BOM’s in SAP.
- Insures that order type and Maintenance activity types are accurately assigned on the order.
- Builds or copies job plans for work group
- Forwards all job packages to the supervisor and Production Maintenance Coordinator for review.
- Solicits feedback on executed job plans; makes necessary changes to insure planning and work efficiencies continue to improve.
- Participates in bidding process and requisitioning for 3rd party services; writes necessary change orders for third party services upon job completion.
- Responds to and participates in timely execution of critical priority 1 and 2 jobs
- Works in effective and collaborative manner with Operations, Maintenance (I&E and Mechanical), Inspection, Purchasing, and Engineering personnel.
- Submits MASE forms as required for spare parts.
- Sets up new equipment in SAP.
- Ensures that a PCA is in place for all jobs requiring an MOC.
- Identify and implement reliability driven improvements. This may include participation in site reliability teams.
- Participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
- High School diploma or GED
- An Associate’s degree (or higher) or have a minimum of five years of maintenance work experience in a refining, petrochemical, or chemical environment
- Experience with SAP, Maximo, or other CMMS software system
- Experience with planning the design, operation, troubleshooting and repair of chemical process equipment.
- Must possess effective organizational and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Ability to interface with all personnel on site in a positive, clear, and collaborative manner.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Chemicals Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, matching 401K, life insurance, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must have ongoing authorization to work in the US without sponsorship or visa assistance.
Relocation is available.