Job DescriptionHealth and Safety Advisor
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Health and Safety Advisor for a 5 month contract in various locations in Northern Alberta. This is a 20 on and 10 day off, or 22 on and 8 day off shift, with 12 hour days.
The Health & Safety Advisor is a professional with a commitment to injury and incident prevention by integrating health and safety protection into field level work planning and execution.
They will demonstrate integrity, have a solid understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHSA) Code requirements, the company’s H&S requirements, to make practical and reasonable recommendations to ensure protection of workers' health and safety, and influence and challenge the company to do the same.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Can understand and converse in the English language
- Must have 5+ years' of H&S experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of a NCSO Certificate and for other H&S professional designations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence business partners and other company contractors
- Have incident investigation training and experience, include RCA (i.e. TapRoot)
- Demonstrated ability to identify stakeholders, evaluate opportunities/challenges and develop reasonable/practical solutions that protect the health and safety of workers
- Working knowledge of applicable H&S regulations and industry best practices
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite; especially Outlook, Word and Excel Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the Asset/functional Team in mitigating risks to an acceptable level within the framework of the Operations Management system (OMS)
- Develop solid knowledge of the company’s H&S Programs, Standards, Practice and procedures
- Participate in risk assessments as a H&S Subject Matter Expert (SME), coming prepared to share learnings/industry best practices, objective health and safety information/data and support what is best for the company
- Support Contractor Management processes as outlined in the OMS Contractor Management Standard and the company’s Contractor Safety Management practice. Assist with contractor reviews in ISNetworld and develop competence in the use of ISNetworld application
- Support Incident Management processes as outlined in the OMS Incident Management Standard and the company’s Incident Management Practice. Conducting QA/QC review of near miss and incident information, assist with impact potential ratings and develop strong competence in the use of the Incident Management Systems (1MS) application.
- Assist with the injury and incident prevention efforts (H&S data analysis, Site Advisory development, contractor H&S verifications, etc.)