Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Senior Technical Writer for a contract role in North York, Ontario. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with engineers to create and publish technical standards, procedures, and other documentation to support the design, construction, and maintenance of natural gas distribution systems.
• Understand and translate complex technical concepts into clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation targeting a wide range of audiences.
• Ensure that engineering documentation and communications follow established writing rules, company standards, and legal requirements.
• Contribute to the maintenance and upkeep of the writing style guide, document templates, and other internal processes and standards.
• Perform copy/edit and provide suggestions for improving structure, presentation, and delivery of content to end-users to resolve information gaps and inconsistencies.
• Create and update technical illustrations, graphics, and job aids as needed.
• Provide guidance on technical writing principles to other members of the CM team and across Engineering as needed.
• Provide suggestions for continuous improvement of existing department standards and processes.
• Manage multiple streams of work and parallel deadlines
• Demonstrate strong work ethic in all areas
MUST HAVE qualifications:
• 7+ years of technical communications experience in an engineering, IT, or technical environment
• Solid understanding of single-sourcing principles and structured and topic-based authoring.
• Experience creating deliverables in PDF, HTML, and other output formats.
• DITA authoring experience and experience with oxygen XML Editor is strongly desired.
• Familiarity with version control systems or component content management systems (Ixiasoft DITA CMS preferred).
• Experience with Adobe Technical Communication Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Familiarity with SharePoint, XML, HTML, CSS is strongly desired.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a sharing, supporting team environment.
• University degree in any area of study and Technical Communications certificate
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
• Expert editorial, grammar, and structured authoring knowledge.
• Experience producing content across multiple channels.