Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Contract Civil Design Technologist for a 6 month contract role in Calgary, AB. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
In this position as a Contract Civil Design Technologist, you will collaborate within a multi-disciplinary environment which includes working with all engineering disciplines to plan and design Civil Earthworks projects. This position is best suited to individuals who have great multi-tasking skills, can quickly interpret client’s needs, are organized, team focused. The successful candidate will have an advanced Autocad Civil 3D drafting skillset and be proficient in using ArcGIS.
This is a full time contract position based in our downtown Calgary offices.
- Work in conjunction with the asset teams to plan existing and future earthworks projects such as pads, infrastructure, access road corridors, geotechnical investigations and winter drilling programs
- Prepare conceptual sketches and detailed grading drawings to assist development teams to make informed effective decisions
- Optimize proposed project footprints through analysis providing cost effective and risk averse alternatives
- Provide technical support on construction projects through estimating, quantity take-offs, surveying and material analysis using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or ArcGIS
- Coordinate sketch and design drawings with project managers, document control and technical staff
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- ASET member or equivalent
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent with at least 2 years of Oil and Gas experience
- Must have strong computer skills and a minimum of 8 years of experience producing civil earthworks designs using AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Corridor modeling, mass haul diagram plan production, storm water management and design experience, slope, pond and ditching design, culvert sizing calculations/analysis, Autoturn and Autolisp programming would all be considered assets
- Solid understanding of earthwork construction practices
- Strong desire to learn, execute, improve and take accountability for company and team success
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably
- Ability to create effective working relationships within a fast pace multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent organizational skills