Job DescriptionGreat opportunity for experienced Quantity Surveyors.
My client, an established and well reputed company with sites throughout the UK are looking for an intermediate to senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Based in the Middlewich office and working primarily on a portfolio of modular pjojects to the value of circa £10M, through effective contract management and negotiation, the Quantity Surveyor will be able to maximise profit while minimising company risk.
- To Attend the necessary pre-contract meetings
- To prepare and value interim applications as well as final accounts
- Sub-contract and sub-sub-contract management, including negotiation, administration and preparation of payment.
- To negotiate / resolve contract disputes
- Cash flow forecasting
- Management of credit risks
- Work In Progress reporting and making provisions for any risk areas
In addition to the below essentials, it would be desireable for the candidate to have a BSc (Hons 2.1) in Quantity surveying or other similar qualification. Experience in Precast Concrete would also be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of contract law in construction
- Experienced in contract negotiation
- Contract and Sub-contract administration experience
- Dispute and claims resolution skills
- Commercially aware
- Strong organization and time management skills
- IT literate and proficient in using Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Able to work under own initiative
- Valid driving license
- Current CSCS card
If you feel you would be suitable for this role please apply today ad we will be in touch with further information.