Job DescriptionJob Title: Corrosion & Materials Advisor
Location: Houston, Texas
- Corrosion & Materials Knowledge Base: Maintain and evolve our client's corrosion and materials compatibility, including development and delivery of fundamental corrosion training programs.
- Failure Analysis: Provide predictive and preventative materials selection and technical support, as well as "hands-on" failure analysis, covering the entire spectrum of engineering materials
- In-House Consultant: Provide materials of construction technical support to domestic and international chemical manufacturing and R&D Facilities. Activities will also include wide-ranging materials compatibility and evaluation projects, in addition to materials of construction support to capital projects, and for corporate specifications and standards.
- Technical Support: Devise, set-up, and execute laboratory testing (in a dedicated and fully-equipped laboratory), as well as in-situ testing, and maintain ability to quickly conduct tests
- MS or PhD in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Materials, or Chemical Engineering, or corrosion and materials related field
- 8+ years experience in the Chemical Process Industry or similar industry
- Significant corrosion & materials science comprehension, including electrochemistry and corrosion chemistry.
- Familiarity and experience with most engineering materials (metals, non-metals, and elastomers)
- Experience with most common NDE and NDT technologies and applications
- Ability to travel to Albemarle's domestic & international plant sites, and related fabricator's facilities
- Root Cause Failure Analysis training and/or experience
- Experience with exotic and nonmetallic materials of construction
- Experience with large capital project teams and processes
- Member of NACE and/or ASM