IT Technician (Specialist)
Work Location - Jazan, Saudi Arabia
Project Co-ordination- Vendor Management
You will be expected to work with several IT- vendor to coordinate and schedule deployment of IT-infrastructure components from Cabling to Servers inside the building and inside the plant area.
You will need to manage the spend and scope as per agreement with the vendors
Supporting the network infrastructure You will be expected to support network infrastructure activities in cooperation with the local vendors, and will need to be familiar with the network equipment at the sites. Requests may range from assisting with service performance issues, troubleshooting to determine impact and assisting with equipment malfunctions at the sites. You may be asked to assist with installations, changes and troubleshooting with local cabling infrastructure.
Managing the Servers/IT Room
You will have responsibility of the IT room. This will include overseeing the security and environmental conditions. You will also be responsible for server related requests in cooperation with a vendor or an IT representative. Requests may range from providing assistance for faulty hardware, to hosting a vendor onsite for repair. Some server management and support will be required.
You may be asked to perform voice support related requests in cooperation with a vendor. Activities can range from setting up a new telephone line to resetting telephone equipment or placing a service call to a local service provider.
PC support and maintenance
You will be expected to be the local point of contact for PC management activities. This includes the purchase, support and disposal of PCs. Responsibilities will include PC support and repair activities (Break/Fix and Level 2), but will not include any changes to the core Air Products desktop load.
Principle Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project coordinates, and vendor management
- Assess the impact of network incidents when the network at the site is “degraded” or “down”. Assess and manage the resolution with local vendor.
- Arrange and host a 3rd party technician at the site for repair or preventative maintenance per site schedule.
- Communicate to all users at the site when there is an incident or planned outage that affects the site.
- Swap equipment (routers, switches, cabling) as needed.
- Dispose of network equipment following the local regulations and Air Products standards.
- Manage installations of servers or other server related equipment as needed.
- Manage the purchasing and disposal of PC equipment in accordance with company and local requirements
- Project management and vendor management experience over 5 years
- Fluent communication skills in English - verbal and written. Good inter-personal communication is essential, both spoken and written. The role will entail working with a broad number of teams both internal and external, as well as interacting with other Air Products locations
- Requires a broad knowledge of the infrastructure tools and services used throughout the corporation (Networks, Servers, PCs, Printing, Security and Voice) .
- At least 5 years previous experience using IT technical abilities in similar Infrastructure Project Management or support organisation.
- Must be able to follow logical processes in problem solving, using existing knowledge systems and service area resources to provide an effective solution.
- Must be able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Must be able to manage own workload, in accordance with departmental priorities.
- Must be prepared to work out of normal business hours and at weekends if required to provide support for IT changes and projects.
- Good Teamwork skills are essential.