Job DescriptionOur client is developing its regional footprint for project execution through creation of a project management and control pool in our Aberdeen office, Products North. This role is key in establishing and ensuring projects are run according to the Global Governance, standard company project control tools, PEM and in alignment with agreed contract conditions, taking lean principles, best practice and lessons learnt.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Planner who can strengthen our team by assisting the Subsea Project Management Team in delivering Customer Requirements in terms of Quality, Schedule and Cost with a high focus on critical path and Schedule Risk Analysis. We require an effective communicator who can analyse and simplify complex data, build sustainable cross functional relationships and encourages team working and objective alignment.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Demonstrate commitment to Operating System, in particular the PEM processes, providing schedule input for PEM reviews
- Undertake the planning and resource loading for the assigned work scope(s), giving proactive, effective advice on the feasibility of plans, the impact of any changes and any required mitigating actions
- Assessing risk to delivery of schedules, recommending risk reducing actions where required in order to gain better confidence of OTD
- Preparation of work breakdown structures to enable the associated resource and cost budgets
- To update computer network schedule as required to reflect the latest situation of status for use in both project reports and management reports
- Organisation of project reporting procedures and project control liaison with clients
- Provide planning control support to the marketing department on proposals
- Ensure that the planning information within SAP is aligned with the Primavera plan
- Support the schedule change control requirements within the project/area team, analysing the change for its potential impact and advising on the correct course of mitigating action
- Interact with other work pack planning staff in order to maintain the logic between deliverables in major projects.
- NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification (or equivalent) with demonstrable experience in a relevant industry (subsea preferred)
- Detail Planning – ability to use when further details is required below activity level of network (eg. documents, work orders, procurement milestones)
- Network Planning - establishing and maintenance of precedence network with logical constraints
- Proven ability of reviewing and identifying of risk in plan, to monitor the different risk factors
- Proven ability in very detailed planning executed in a short time period
- In depth knowledge of SAP and PV and schedule risk analysis tools and processes, eg PERT Master
- Must have the drive and enthusiasm to work to tight deadlines and be able to bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active and helpful approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives