Job DescriptionSenior Project Engineer/Manager – Ireland/Iceland – Competitive Salary
An evolving speciality chemical business who is going through a period of growth whereby they are looking for a Senior Project Engineer/Manager to lead their engineering solutions for their Brownfield and Greenfield CAPEX investments in Ireland and Iceland. This company has strong values producing sustainable solutions.
They are looking for someone with a background in chemical/mechanical/automation who has strong project management skills leading multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams through the full project lifecycle from early conceptual design, basic & detailed engineering through to construction/installation and start-up.
The Senior Project Engineer/Manager will be responsible for validating engineering, material flow and process through fully scoping the projects. They would lead the projects according to a defined time schedule, cost budget and quality standards. This role would have a high level of autonomy and accountability to make all engineering decisions, with a high level of stakeholder management.
The successful candidate would report directly into the Managing Director and would have the opportunity to set up a project management office within their head office with the future scope of building out a division in the company.
- Develop and lead CAPEX projects ensuring all engineering solutions are in place
- Qualify and lead contractors in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and internal standards for construction of plants
- Lead the process design of plants and equipment
- Set-up of equipment specifications
- Set-up inquiries, order specifications, offer evaluations and purchase requested for projects
- Evaluate and provide the design requirements of new equipment with respect to capacity, spare parts, production costs, energy efficiency etc.
- Verifying quality and costs for contractors
- Knowledge and compliance of EHS requirements to drive a high safety culture
- Execution of commissioning
- Training of production employees for new equipment
- Work closely with internal departments including procurement, operations and finance as well as contractors and suppliers to ensure accurate control of CAPEX spending
- Degree or equivalent in engineering (process/automation/mechanical/chemical)
- Experience leading CAPEX projects through full project lifecycle form early concept through to commissioning
- Proven skills and knowledge in modern office tools, e.g. MS Project, MS NAV, SAP, CAD, MS Office applications
- Fluent verbal and written English Language
- Willing to travel approximately 50% of time
- Strong safety awareness
- Knowledge of process automation controls
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Conflict management acumen and a natural ability to influence and engage