Job DescriptionJob Title: Control and Instrumentation Engineer
The role of the Control and Instrumentation Engineer is to provide engineering support for the safe delivery and handover to Operations of the Control and Instrumentation components
These activities include:
- Performance management and verification of the detailed engineering design
- Support of equipment procurement activities
- Support the ICSS detailed design and assurance
- Support the C&I Lead in Performance Management of Detailed Design contractors and provide
- Support and provide assurance for detail engineering for the following instrumentation and systems:
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Fire and Gas
- Process Control
- Vendor Package Control Integration
- Ensure that alarm design is being engineered and implemented as per project philosophy and specifications.
- Review contractor and vendor design documents as per project MDR
- Participate in FATs of the I&C packages and ICSS
- Support Equipment Package vendor reviews as required.
- To ensure compliance with relevant standards, ETPs, and statutory regulations and to advise on deviations where appropriate.
- Support and participate in Company Led Reviews such as CHAZOP, PHSSER, FSAs.
- Support and participate in contractor assurance processes (HAZOPS, LOPA, Alarm reviews, SIL assessments, etc.)
- Support and contribute to a culture of safety-design and quality build.
Degree or equivalent in Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation Engineering or related Engineering discipline
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- 10 minimum years experience in similar or related discipline engineering position.
- Deep understanding of the key process engineering aspects and requirements of an offshore oil and gas facility.
- Experience in working in Execute stages of a Project.
- Experience in offshore oil and gas processing.
- Experience of performance management of Engineering Contractors.
- Chartered Professional Engineer