In this role you will be required to develop multiple tools for their MCS (Master Control Station) and DCS (Distributed Control System) integration, ensuring the quality of the design and implementation and that the work is performed within agreed budgets and time-scales and in accordance with company procedures. The tools and applications you will create will utilize open source libraries for Allen Bradley PLCs.
Key responsibilities and activities will include;
- Writing efficient and maintainable code with extensive test coverage; transforming user stories into functional code
- Developing tools to read data from a server and create matching cross referenced XML data files
- Developing tools to read data from a system over a network and create CSV configuration files
- Actively contributing to software deliveries through working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, continuous integration and deployment)
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Identifying processes and patterns of work areas and recommending procedures to improve standardization and consistency of approach
- Producing documentation for assigned work scopes within the SAP document approval cycle.
We are seeking a Software Developer with significant experience in Software Development. You should be familiar with Agile development methodologies and have experience with C++. Previous experience with OPC UA Client & Server, PLCs/ Rockwell Ethernet/IP, XML, and Linux Development Environment is preferred. You should also have excellent communication skills, enjoy working in teams, supporting others and sharing knowledge - and be a life-long learner, curious about new technologies.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support an innovative project.