Job DescriptionPipeline Engineer III
Location: Houston, Tx
Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both
internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being
executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards,
and regulatory requirements. Facilitates effective execution of discipline
engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives,
and procedures. Assures accurate and timely communication among the
team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities,
progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate
sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and manage the pipeline and subsea activities in early part of the
• Provide pipeline engineering inputs.
• Provide technical authority assurance role.
• Define fit for purpose pipeline solutions.
• Lead pipeline feasibility and concept select studies, performing pipeline
routing studies, execute hydraulic analyses, perform onshore/offshore
pipeline mechanical design including support for material selection, cost
estimating and constructability reviews.
• Project Management and supervision of 3rd Party Contractor activities,
review, improve and approve Front End Engineering and Design, and
Detailed Design documents.
• Assess development risks, including HS&E assessment, and propose
• Plan and implement assurance process at key stages of the development.
• Support the Business Planning and Work Program and Budget exercise.
• Focus on Standard Solution & New Business Development opportunities
from identify stage to Basis for Design.
• Ensure deployment of new technology and drive applications gaining
acceptance with the projects/assets leaders.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 20+ years of closely related professional experience
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related
engineering specialty or equivalent professional experience
• At least 10 years of oil and gas experience.
• Extensive experience in business and project planning.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in dealing with front end project delivery.
• In depth experience of working with sub-surface disciplines.
• Requires extensive knowledge of offshore facilities, and offshore facilities
project delivery and awareness of worldwide practices, successes, failures
and technical benchmarks.
• Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes,
and appropriate safety criteria
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical
and business communications