After tripling EBITDA in the last 3 years my client is now looking for a Head of Engineering to lead and manage all engineering operations and activities on site. To continue to grow the site and increase profits, I am now looking for an engineer with demonstrable experience of implementing process safety improvements as well as reducing maintenance costs and improving reliability and asset availability on site.
The ideal candidate will have spent significant time working within the Chemical or API pharmaceutical industry. You will be a degree qualified engineer within Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, ideally Chartered or working towards Chartered status. You will have knowledge of maintenance techniques as well as having the ability to identify and implement opportunities to improve process safety.
You will have overall responsibility for all engineering functions on site, including the maintenance and reliability, capital projects, site services and facilities. You will manage all site engineering teams and provide support to the operations and facilities activities. The role is required due to immense growth in the business, and this role will be essential in the continued growth.
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Qualified as a Chartered Engineer.
- Experience of providing process engineering support to chemical development and/or commercial chemical manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of ISO systems, and building services such as chilled water plant as well as working knowledge of Building Management Systems.
- Experience of specification, design, installation, commissioning and project management of process and utility equipment.
- Knowledge of maintenance reliability techniques as well as experience of the Safety Management of contractors.