Job DescriptionData Centre Infrastructure Architect – 3 Months Contract – Manchester
Public Sector – INScope of IR35
My Public Sector client requires a full time Data Centre Infrastructure Architect to work within our ICT department for 3 months with a possible extension to the end of March 2020.
The Data Centre Infrastructure Architect will be based in central Manchester and be expected to start by the 1st November 2019. Data Centre Infrastructure Architect to work alongside Enterprise Architects and a Network Architect Specialist to inform the Project and Programme Manager on best practice and specific data centre considerations in relation to the migration of all applications and services from an existing public sector owned Data Centre, to, two new co-location facilities.
High level areas of responsibility for the Data Centre Infrastructure Architect:
- Overseeing technical aspects, providing direction and decisions in support of the Data Centre Network services migration
- Technical architecture oversight of all server & application migrations from current Data Centre to, two new, active configured Data Centers, including advice on placement and risk profiles and business impacts associated with any moves
- Oversight of the planning, and execution of the Internet & firewall migration - assisting the Snr PM with Supplier engagement at a technical level
- Secure Health and Cabinet Office links migration solution design and migration oversight - PSN, HSCN
- Oversight and ratification of designs put forward by BT in relation to the migration of WAN services
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK