Job DescriptionCancer Biologist – London – Permanent
Oncology being the mostly widely spread disease state, naturally spurs our researchers and industry collaborators to develop viable therapeutics to prevent its incidence. My client, an industry leading Biotechnology at the forefront of their technology, is currently seeking the expertise of a Cancer Biologist to drive the discovery of new drug candidates alongside a healthy clinical stage pipeline. With outstanding financial backing, this company environment shall allow the correct individual to excel in their research career.
Cancer Biologist Key Responsibilities:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the company’s growing pipeline of new product candidates that will be developed into the clinic. The daily work will include:
- The design, execution and data analysis of experiments aimed on the characterization of the mode of action of drug candidates and optimal translation of their use into the clinic.
- You will also provide analysis of the literature, patent and public domain information relevant to company product candidates with the purpose of identifying opportunities and threats.
- Evaluation and interpretation of study data.
- Preparation scientific documentation such as study reports, drafting material for inclusion in patents or for the purpose of regulatory filing, as well as external and internal communication.
Cancer Biologist Key Requirements:
- A PhD in Life Science is required, preferably in oncology or immunology.
- Experience in cell biology and molecular biology techniques such as 2D/3D cell culture, in vitro cytotoxicity, antibody effector function assays (ADCC, CDC), flow cytometry, microscopy including immunofluorescence and/or immunohistochemistry, DNA/RNA analysis, RT-PCR, transient and stable transfections.
- Demonstrated competency in refining data in concise summaries focusing on the key findings and implications.
- Excellent written communication skills with direct experience in writing scientific academic papers, reports and presentations.
- Flexible person with excellent communication and team-player skills.
- Experience in cancer immunology would be a benefit.