Our client is seeking an Environmental Advisor for an 11 month contract in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day. Candidates must be local to Lloydminster or willing to relocate.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION: The function of the Environmental Advisor is to provide environmental support to the midstream or downstream businesses based in and around Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. This individual will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Midstream Downstream Environmental Coordination, Lloydminster District and will provide technical and functional expertise for one or more manufacturing, terminal or upgrading facilities. This role will require the Environmental Advisor to interact with a broad range of employees and contractors both at a worker level as well as at the supervisory and management levels
TEAM CULTURE: This is a highly collaborative team comprised of 7 individuals supporting the Midstream and Downstream Operations.
- Provide environmental expertise and support to an assigned business unit
- Supervise consulting firms tasked with completing ongoing monitoring programs
- Complete and submit monthly and annual reports
- Support operations during environmental upsets and responses
- Make presentations to stakeholder groups on plans and activities
- Provide strategic environmental advice to internal departments as part of project planning and operational processes
- Liaise with regulatory bodies
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Environmental Science/Management, Engineering, Geosciences, Biology, Agrology
- Any of the following professional designations: P.Eng, P.Ag, P.Geol, P.Biol as accredited by either Alberta or Saskatchewan
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant environmental experience working in manufacturing, oil and gas industries
- Strong knowledge of Saskatchewan Environmental Code and the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Practical experience performing soils and groundwater monitoring.
- Practical experience conducting air quality assessments.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Detailed understanding of Industry Practices
- Practical knowledge of oil and gas processing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience working with; regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multi-task processes.
- Self-motivated and possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)