Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking an Information Management System Advisor for a 1 year contract is North York, Ontario.
Our client’s primary duty is to safety and reliability. They achieve this duty through their Management System Structure, which comprises enterprise minimum requirements and business unit implementation of these requirements. The Management System Structure ensures that they can identify, understand, and effectively manage hazards and risks, and maintain compliance. This position is an integral part of the IMS Team which plays an overall governance role within the EGI organization.
• Support the integration, implementation and improvement of the Integrated Management System.
• Collaborate with and support the Management Program (MP) and Element Owners on implementation and application of their IMS requirements, and the assessment of their effectiveness in meeting compliance requirements and meeting the Company goals of reducing risks and improving safety.
• Facilitate the governance and assurance activities of the Integrated Management System (IMS) in areas like top management reviews, program management reviews, audits and verifications, and requirement gap assessments.
• Support and coordinate the development, change management and implementation of common standards, processes, and practices, across the EGI IMS structure in conjunction with Element and MP owners.
• Support the closing out of potential findings or recommendations from internal/external audits or verifications.
• Draft processes and other documents and provide maintenance and technical support in alignment with corporate records management requirements and documentation standards.
• Where applicable, co-ordinate, report or create IMS-related metrics or complete OIC, SRGT and S&R governance reporting activities with the relevant stakeholders.
• Perform gap assessments or IMS self-audits (or support this work through others) on the IMS structure, management programs and/or elements against the established Integrated Management System requirements and manage the closure of gaps through prioritization based on risks or impacts.
• Work with EGI Affiliate National Energy Board (NEB) assets / officers to ensure compliance, assurance, and governance to applicable NEB regulations. Extend the IMS structure and activities to our affiliates as required.
• Provide and deliver status or progress reporting to working teams and senior management in a variety of forums including Quarterly Management Reviews.
• Develop or participate in Organizational Change Management activities (like communications or training) to raise IMS awareness and acumen.
• Break down deliverables into action and project plans and work with stakeholders to influence degree of timely completion and quality results.
• Minimal travel is required to local offices across the EGI franchise area.
• Related university degree and four to seven?plus years’ experience OR equivalent mix of formal education and experience.
• Experience and understanding of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation of management codes and standards; NEB Onshore Pipeline Regulations and ISO 9001 quality systems understanding is an asset.
• Results and action oriented, with a focus on utilizing Project Management methodologies and tools. PMP designation an asset.
• Ability to motivate stakeholders through flexibility, building relationships, and demonstrated leadership.
• Excellent communication (verbal & written), facilitation and presentation skills a must. SharePoint is an asset.
• Experience in technical writing, document control and records management is an asset.
• Comfortable with facilitation of meetings, workshops, and training sessions skills is required. Previous Change Management and Management of Change experience is an asset.