Location: Canonsburg, PA
Duration: Long-term, contract to hire
Acts as both administrative and technical authority for the Process team.
Requires at least a four-year degree in Chemical Engineering.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of 15 years experience in Process/Design Engineering or related functional area. Experience in gas processing, midstream, chemicals and/or refining preferred. Current or previous Lead/Supervisory experience is required. Registration as a licensed professional engineer is strongly preferred. If candidate is not currently registered as a professional engineer, they will be expected to obtain registration after employment. Midstream and/or downstream experience is required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops schedules with process team to coordinate engineering activities.
- Formulates new methods and techniques for design of complex processes and equipment.
- Reviews project budgets, staffing requirements and overall project progress.
- Advises and consults with engineering professionals regarding process and design problems and changes.
- Reviews and approves timesheets.
- Conducts performance reviews for department personnel.
- Plans, organizes and directs process assignments.
- Acts as administrative and technical authority for the process team.
Experienced engineer to have recent working experience in performing Process Design activities from FEL to Detail Design. This should include but not be limited to developing and working with PFDs, P&IDs, hydraulic calculations, process simulation (HYSYS, Aspen Plus, Promax, etc.), sizing equipment & piping, relief valve calculations, line list, as well as instrument process specifications. The lead engineer will be required to review and check other engineers work. In addition, must be able to mentor both junior and experienced engineers.
Normal work environment will be a business office. Occasionally, will conduct or participate in field trips to an operating plant or construction site.