The Maintenance Scheduler reports directly to the Maintenance Planning Manager and is responsible to manage the scheduling processes, conforming to company standards and world-class best practices as part of an integrated operation, maintenance and reliability team.
The main responsibility of this position is to schedule maintenance work efficiently in order to optimize resource utilization, minimize the duration of the work as well as the risks to the schedule while ensuring the safe and efficient execution of the work.
This position requires close coordination with Maintenance personnel, as well as with the Production, Engineering Services, Process Service, Supply Chain Management, and HSSE departments.
Knowledge of oil and gas industry and practices, including safety, environmental, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations, and associated codes and standards. Knowledge and demonstrated experience scheduling industrial maintenance work. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, CMMS systems, and scheduling software is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Develop, maintain, and deliver integrated maintenance schedules in support of the plant operation.
- Analyze timing options for planned work in conjunction with other departments to determine the most opportune schedule.
- Support the development of medium and long term maintenance schedules.
- Manage work orders, from the moment they are handed over from a planner until they are scheduled for execution, and oversee the work until completion.
- Facilitate the required preparation and coordination meetings with Maintenance, Production, and other supporting departments.
- Support the coordination of service contractors.
- Work with the Planners, Maintenance Supervisors, Production Superintendents, and other key roles to prioritize and schedule work and allocate the right resources.
- Support the development of the job plan library to ensure improved efficiency of maintenance activities.
- Adhere to established work processes and practices. Ensure compliance with the Control of Work processes, including permitting, isolations, and risk identification, as well as other policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of standards relating to the safe, environmentally sound, timely and cost-effective scheduling of maintenance work.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for improving planning and scheduling procedures.
Page: 2 of 3
- Attend all scheduled training and support training and the onboard process for new employees.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS)
- Education and Certifications: High School Diploma or GED, and relevant technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience as a maintenance scheduler or coordinator in a natural gas plant, a petrochemical plant or refinery is required.
- Skills: o Effective organizational skills to be able to manage multiple activities timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
o Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
o Computer knowledge, including Maximo, Primavera or Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
- Maintenance Scheduler is required to be available for stand-by duty on weekends and after hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
- Must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors and outdoors, and exposed to year around weather conditions, ocean environment, noise, and occasionally process gases and vapors.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to work longer than normal hours during outage events.