This position reports directly to the Director of Applications Engineering and will work closely with Project Management and the Director of Operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead feasibility studies for the integration of cogeneration systems of Unison Energy’s clients including site surveys.
- Establish design standards and procedures to manage the work of engineers of record as well as the project teams
- Provide oversight and assistance with writing and editing of program documents, specifications, and equipment selection for CHP design, installation, commissioning, control, and monitoring functions.
- Develop discipline and project objectives, requirements and budgets with CEO, project management, operations, and finance.
- Lead all technical and regulatory application processes for multiple installation sites including development and submission of utility interconnect applications.
- Attend customer meetings as needed to support sales discussions regarding technical topics with customer engineers.
- Personally, conduct or delegate job-site inspections to ensure projects are adhering to specifications and design intent.
- Participate in reviews with all governing agencies for code compliance in relation to laws, and regulations, codes, and ordinances.
- Participate and lead discipline meetings and design reviews with engineers of record, vendors, and project management staff.
- Adhere to schedule requirements for all phases of project development within the engineering discipline as well as project management and operations.
- Support and or lead an internal design review process for each site
- Support Director of Applications Engineering for any technical questions or system troubleshooting.
- Attend regional and national seminars and conventions to improve or develop new engineering methods to improve efficiency, technique, and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years minimum experience with experience in the energy sector, combined heat and power or utility applications preferred.
- Participate in an atmosphere of teamwork and individual accountability within the company.
- Extensive knowledge of building code.