Job DescriptionA leading global engineering services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services to forge a sustainable future for the global energy industry, is currently looking for a Senior Engineer - Materials Technology to join their team in London.
Their business very much depends on their people; all their major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve customers’ needs.
Key responsibilities and activities will include;
- Undertake corrosion/erosion assessment for piping and process & utility equipment using appropriate software models/tools
- Undertake material selection philosophies including corrosion control, corrosion protection and coating/painting
- Undertake and compile Material Selection Report
- Manufacturing surveillance such as welding, heat treatment and Vendor inspections during manufacturing of piping, mechanical equipment and packages.
- Develop equipment specifications and provide inputs to material selection for equipment, valves & piping along with thermal insulation, coating & Painting
- Ensure technical correctness of equipment specifications, compliance with international codes & standards and alignment with the client specifications
- Plan, organise and manage workload to ensure it is completed in line with project schedules and man-hour budgets
We are looking for a Materials engineer with the following qualifications and experience:
- Significant engineering design experience in the offshore oil & gas industry; experience should be gained on pre-FEED, FEED and EPC projects
- BEng/BSc or MEng/MSc degree
- Chartered Engineer status
- Experience / familiarity with engineering and end user technical requirement specifications / standards such as e.g. API, ASME, ASTM, EN, ISO, NACE, AWS, NORSOK, BS and Shell DEPs, Statoil TRs, BP ETPs, etc
- Knowledge of; engineering, design and fabrication processes related to material and metallurgy engineering; the degradation mechanisms affecting the O&G industry, sour service, CO2 corrosion, external corrosion; and materials including CS, high alloy steels, stainless steels, non-ferrous alloys and non-metallic materials
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.