Job DescriptionPosition Description
Saudi Aramco – Downstream vision is to produce the most highly skilled and trained professional and industrial workforce. Our mission is to provide exceptional, innovative supporting signature training programs with cutting-edge curriculum and highly effective trainers.
We are currently looking for an experienced and creative talent to provide professional consultation and expertise in designing, creating, reviewing, and evaluating program, courses, tests, and certification instruments for various sectors of the downstream workforce.
The candidates should demonstrate process, management and administrative ability. Knowledge and experience developing curriculum and planning lessons are required (lifecycle of the ADDIE process). S/he should be highly organized and able to work independently and without much supervision. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Candidates should also have high energy and a willingness to be flexible and creative.
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following areas: Instructional Design, Learning Technologies, Education, English Language, Humanities, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 15+ years’ experience in academic education, corporate training, or vocational training. This should include:
- a minimum of seven years of professional experience leading project and organizational teams in: conducting needs analyses; selecting appropriate learning approaches; designing curricula, programs, and other learning solutions;
- Developing instructional materials for participants and facilitators; selecting, developing, and utilizing appropriate learning technologies; developing tests and other assessments; and developing evaluation instruments.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult education.
- Ability to identify resources and services according to business needs, including knowing how to locate, request, and manage them to complete a project or event.
- Good understanding and experience in cost analysis for projects and contracts to make cost-efficient solutions. This experience should include leadership and management experience, including experience at the program level.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with advanced communication skills that include effective presentation skills and experience in preparing and presenting reports.
- A strong background in educational psychology, adult learning, evaluation methodology, educational testing and measurement, and educational computer/media/technology applications.
- Proven experience successfully leading multiple projects and/or multiple teams of cross-functional professionals throughout the lifecycle of instructional design projects, with a track record of meeting schedule, quality, and scope requirements.
- Knowledge of current techniques and procedures used in the design and development of curriculum.
- Proven experience in the evaluation and benchmarking of multiple international programs of study and skills assessment.
- Proven experience developing and motivating teams through mentorship, coaching, and knowledge-sharing.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills to prioritize and manage multiple, concurrent tasks, and report transparently and effectively on progress.
- Experience in the delivery of on-site training to a diverse range of business/vocational customers.
- - Training and Development
- - Instruction design/ program development and evaluation
- - English Technical writing
- - Experience in oil and gas field is preferable
- Participates and leads project and organizational teams in: conducting needs analyses; selecting appropriate learning approaches; designing curricula, programs, and other learning solutions; developing instructional materials for participants and facilitators; selecting, developing, and utilizing appropriate learning technologies; developing tests and other assessments; and developing evaluation instruments.
- Provides consultation and high-level professional expertise on proposed program policy changes and evaluation of current activities.
- Provides coaching, knowledge transfer, and knowledge sharing to peers and subordinate personnel in the division.
- Monitors contract activity for assigned projects. May prepare technical scope work and participate in technical bid evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Researches, analyzes, and writes major studies, reports, and proposals relating to future training development and evaluation developments and trends in the field, including Saudi Aramco training and the local, regional, and international arenas.
- Ensures quality measures and safety focus are included within all activities related to training materials development.
- Provides direction and professional guidance to the curriculum development project team, including provision and maintenance of operational and project guidelines to ensure that all staff are appropriately equipped for each stage of the instructional design process.
- Ensures that all operational tasks and project activities under the employee’s jurisdiction are appropriately staffed and meeting time, budget, and scope requirements.
- Provides comprehensive direction and oversight of all quality assurance activities to ensure that all curriculum and assessment deliverables meet Saudi Aramco and international quality standards. This includes newly released materials and revisions.
- Performs comprehensive review of assessment and test materials before signing off on final versions of newly released or revised curriculum content and test materials.
- Meets regularly with direct reports (if applicable) to facilitate optimal professional development, leading cross-functional knowledge-sharing initiatives and providing detailed performance feedback.
- Provides oversight of all communication between direct reports and customers (if applicable).
- Manages the communication and logistics of on-sight training initiatives and auditing all associated materials for quality and accuracy.
- Performs program-level metrics analyses to ensure quality requirements are met for program outcomes.
- Oversees or participates in benchmarking studies of multiple Saudi Aramco programs of study, in addition to studies of Saudi Aramco programs and their international or oil and gas industry equivalents.
- Oversees or completes the design and development of placement and proficiency tests for use in Saudi Aramco facilities; performs quality assurance review before release.
- Regularly pursues professional development through the study of emerging industry trends and good practice in the fields of instructional design, emerging learning technologies, and team management, and leads the development of successful communities of practice in the field of instructional design.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, including on-site exam proctoring, maintenance and revision, and other administrative tasks.