Job DescriptionNetwork Architect – 6 Months Contract – Basingstoke
ESSENTIAL:- Experience of Telephony with Microsoft Teams, Site Network rollouts, Solutions design process, Handover of solutions to operations, transition of solution to managed service providers. WAN, LAN, WLAN
Network Architect Description
Network Architect to help design and implement a new network for the entire company. The role will be partnering closely with the Chief Network Architect to run this exciting effort to stand-up a new network.
The Network Architect will be accountable for all telecommunication and network services globally, covering Telephony, Contact Centre, LAN, WLAN, SDWAN, DNS, DHCP, security etc.
The role requires good technical knowledge of the disciplines above, as well as the understanding of how the domains operate together. Experience of enterprise delivery and the ability to articulate complex technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences will be of great benefit. The role will work closely with the Chief Network Architect and enterprise architecture community, helping to integrate the Network workstream with the rest of the technical environment.
Driving Architecture Leadership
- Planning, assessing and executing the global network strategy, including development of a clear execution plan.
- Identifying opportunities to optimize the network architecture delivery approach to drive efficiency.
- Identifying and positioning new network technologies that yield competitive advantage.
• Extensive experience in technology project delivery, working within complex, global environments.
• Extensive experience designing and delivering enterprise technology solutions.
• Extensive experience across Telephony, Contact Centre, LAN, WLAN, WAN, DNS, DHCP and security
• Experience working with modern architecture methodologies (Service Orientated Architecture, API-Centric Design, Twelve-Factor App, FAIR, etc.)
• Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of IT and third-parties.
• Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills.
• Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree.
Desired: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or equivalent
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Occasional travel may be required.