Job DescriptionCommercial Manager
A leading Omani Construction contracting company who has various serves lines including civil, Infrastructure and oil & gas is currently looking to hire a Commercial Manager
- Develop, negotiate, and manage all commercial agreements/contracts to mitigate risk and optimize opportunities.
- Competent understanding of contract(s) and the required administration thereof.
- Utilize professional experience to verify, oversee, negotiate and/or approve commercial agreements with clients
- Provide forward impact analyses and budgetary reporting internally and externally.
- Maintain good relations and facilitate exchange of information between company and client and internally to assure alignment of strategic objectives.
- Review YTD actual information to ensure credibility and confirm with Cost and Project Controllers.
- Analyse monthly progress situations against previous forecasts to understand trends (e.g. productivity of teams) and make adjustments accordingly
- Proactively manage and enact the change control process to agreed quality and timescales to maximize the commercial and operational benefit to the Programme
- Review and advise Programme personnel on risks inherent in client RFPs; preparation / justification of cost Proposals for submission
- Ensure Project activity is within forecasted cash flow and agreed strategy, and actively monitor to ensure Project Manager and Project Cost Controller are actively aware of cash position
- Link and analyse data from Finance, Planning, Procurement, Operations and Technical Teams
- Experience in Risk and Opportunity identification and management
- 15+ Years working experience with experience in a Commercial Role
- Preferable; Qualification in Quantity Surveying, Economics, Business, Engineering, Accounting or related disciplines
- Industry Sector Experience, Oil & Gas
- Contractual Form(s) experience
- Extensive technical comprehension of Call off Contracts
- Analytical skills associated with developing and utilizing performance measures and cost savings
- Detailed knowledge of earned value reporting and being able to link and understand the cost, schedule, contract, procurement and risk elements of the contract together