Job DescriptionA Fantastic Direct Hire Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced Insurance Specialist (Finance Department) to be based in Qatar for a terminal operating company providing container, general cargo, RORO, livestock and offshore supply services in Hamad Port, Qatar’s gateway to world trade.
To direct and manage the insurance function for the company and is responsible for the facilitation and management of comprehensive insurance programs for the company and all its projects to ensure appropriate allocation of contractual risks between all the parties involved and seamless management of the insurance related features, while protecting stakeholders and their financial interests.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business administration or similar discipline from a reputable university.
- 6 years of experience in insurance or related business discipline, with at least 3 years of experience in insurance role preferably in a shipping or related industry.
Job-Specific Skills (Generic / Technical):
- Proficiency in English (must) and Arabic (strongly preferred).
- Expert knowledge of insurance management principles and regulatory requirements alongside knowledge of national and international insurance management standards
- Knowledge and understanding of local regulatory policies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and analytical tools.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Regulatory and Compliance awareness
- Ability to work with key stakeholders and external partners/advisors through collaboration & teamwork in a non-hierarchical relationship framework.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Regulatory and Compliance awareness.
- Good understanding of Qatar and GCC culture and working environment