Job DescriptionJob: Environmental Project Manager
Other Locations: Canada-British Columbia-Terrace
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule: Full-time – Permeant
- Full relocation required
There is an opportunity for an Environmental Project Manager to support growth in our Terrace office. The ideal candidate for this position is one that can capitalize on existing client relationships to expand the clients profile and market share in the local market. Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and contributing to environmental projects associated with components of environmental assessments, and environmental permitting activities for a variety of projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop, lead, manage and support components of environmental projects, including:
- Promoting a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Health, Safety, Security and Environment Program;
- Management of existing and new projects;
- Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules budgets and deliverables;
- Demonstrating leadership and coordination of staff across operating units;
- Proposal writing;
- Client management, client communication and business development;
- Technical writing and report preparation;
- Technical direction to staff/mentoring of staff;
- QA/QC of technical documents; and
- Support field work as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Someone who understands the Consulting business and who has flexibility to support on projects, write proposals and collaborate across the company.
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience which must include relevant consulting experience;
- Demonstrated experience in project development and management;
- Knowledge of environmental legislation;
- Demonstrated technical writing skills;
- Willingness to travel for project work and business development opportunities;
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of audiences/ technical backgrounds including internal and external clients and regulatory agencies; and
- Desire to mentor and manage junior an intermediate staff (experience supervising people and/or leading teams is an asset).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or graduate degree in biology, engineering, or a related discipline from a recognized university.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.