Job DescriptionJob: Civil Engineer
Other Locations: Canada-British Columbia-Terrace
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule: Full-time – Permanent
- Full relocation required
In order to be responsive to our client’s needs in north west B.C., we are looking to add Civil Engineering capacity to our Terrace office.
You will interface directly with clients and stakeholders to effectively manage project deliverables, with a focus on quality and team collaboration. You will be supporting both the transportation and water teams and will have experience working within a range of areas including municipal and industrial infrastructure, site servicing, land development, water, sewer, urban roads and highways sectors.
You have the interpersonal skills to foster a positive team environment and support a culture of safety. Through your broad consulting background, you will perform a variety of tasks which may include: design management, business planning, project management, client account management, resource planning, proposal writing, and quality management.
This position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work. This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Performs more complex engineering design tasks on assigned projects including engineering drawings, engineering reports and required applications to regulatory agencies.
- May be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects or the work of the others.
- Manages the design and construction of projects and provides input.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel.
- Coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final approval.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Strong communication skills, including an aptitude for effective leadership and people management.
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of infrastructure projects, including conventional and alternative delivery methods for public and private clients.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and stakeholders.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.Strong understanding of relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil 3-D, Synchro, AutoTurn, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD.
- Education and ExperienceBachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Thank you for all those who apply but only those considered will be contacted.