Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international Oil and Gas majors to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Oil and Gas HSE Advisor to fulfil a 12 month contract position in Western Queensland on a 15 days on 13 days off rotation.
The main purpose of the HSE Advisor is to provide on-site Health, Safety & Environment (HSSE&SP) advice/support for Upstream operations in relation to the systematic management of hazards and effects and associated systems that can impact on the facility and to maintain the close liaison/support between the field operations and Asset & Corporate HSSE&SP delivery teams.
In addition to this the HSE Advisor will assist in:
• Providing active support on HSSE&SP aspects for the work activities on site covering production operations, services, maintenance & turnarounds, projects and engineering to ensure that activities are carried out safely with relevant controls in place and with due regard to the environment.
• Provide HSSE&SP subject matter and regulatory advice to the facility management team
• Observe and advise on "routine" work planning (PtW), risk assessments etc. for compliance with standards and procedures, particularly those associated with the P&G and WHS regulatory bodies
• Share safe/unsafe observations from the work activities with staff during HSSE&SP and toolbox meetings.
• Focal point for facility HSSE&SP inspections / audits / assurance reviews to maintain Operational Safety Case compliance
• Provide HSSE&SP coaching and training to permanent and Contractor staff, particularly around the lifesaving rules
• Promote and develop a work culture and behaviour where HSSE&SP is clearly in the Hearts and Minds of all staff, contractors and visitors
• Ensure safety alerts, hazard packs are properly communicated to frontline staff, and lessons learnt are implemented where relevant
• Assist facility management team with the understanding and implementation of HSSE&SP improvement plans and new procedures/standards
• Assist Supervisors with the management of incidents and action tracking management
• Provide support in the use of the hazard management and behavioural based safety processes
• Provide general support and training in the area of Health, including Fatigue Management, Heat Stress, Health Risk Assessment (development and implementation), etc.
• Provide support and training for implementation of the Facility related emergency and security plans
• Support the development and implementation of asset audit and assurance processes
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 month contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.