Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international Oil and Gas majors to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Oil and Gas Procurement Specialist to fulfil a 12 month contract position based in Chinchilla
The main purpose of the Procurement Specialist – local content is to:
- Increase the visibility of the organisations supply chain opportunities to local and Indigenous businesses
2. Increase the visibility of local and Indigenous businesses to buyers the organisations and with our major contractors
3. Support local and Indigenous businesses to grow their capabilities and offering to the organisations and our major suppliers
- Interfacing across several teams in the organisations business (e.g. social performance and procurement) and major contractors to build a strong understanding of upcoming scopes of work as well as the pre-qualification requirements of each organisation
• Engaging regularly with organisations such as Industry Capability Network (ICN), local chambers of commerce, Toowoomba Surat Basin Enterprises and Supply Nation to maintain a current view of local and Indigenous supplier capability
• Attending and networking at regional industry and community events to facilitate improved visibility of the organisation’s business in the Western Downs business community
• Supporting the coordination and management of local or Indigenous participation events
• Communicating to the organisation’s and major contractors’ the local and Indigenous capability that exists and where this could fit into current or future supply chains
• Liaising with government at local, State and Federal level (as well as private entities such as the organisation’s program) to understand support programs available to local and Indigenous businesses – making connections where appropriate
• Providing initial (and generalised) support to local and Indigenous businesses regarding the pre-qualifications and requirements of working with the organisatons major contractors (for example around HSSE, quality management, accounting etc.)
• Supporting local and Indigenous businesses to register with and respond to EOIs on the organisation’s Local Supplier Platform
• Providing advice to the organisation’s procurement team in relation to opportunities to unbundle work packages to facilitate local or Indigenous inclusion
• Providing face-to-face feedback on unsuccessful expressions of interest, based on feedback from the organisation’s or contractor procurement personnel.
Attributes of the ideal candidate include the following:
- Passion for working with small and medium businesses
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity with respect to the opportunities and challenges presented when working with Indigenous businesses
- Outgoing, positive and engaging personality – authentic and professional communication style
- At least five years of experience in contracts, procurement or commercial roles, demonstrating outcomes around contract management or business management
- Experience with within a natural gas developer is desirable, or a demonstrated understanding of industry supply chains and the requirements for small businesses wanting to work with large organisations
- Effective organisation skills and strong attention to detail - the role will require intimate knowledge of multiple supply opportunities, including timing, scope details, and associated supply requirements
- Excellent communication, networking and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to people at all levels, and a natural aptitude for relationship building at an individual, organisational and external stakeholder level
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work as part of a team, or autonomously as required
- Preparedness to work flexible hours including travel throughout the region
- Sound writing skills and strong computer literacy – the role will require the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs, along with various organisational internal software program
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 month contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.