Job DescriptionHead of Quality - Nutraceutical - North West - Permanent
A new role has come available for a Head of Quality to join an exciting and expanding Nutraceutical manufacturer in the North West. Do you have experience in overseeing Pharma, food or cosmetic manufacturing from a Quality perspective and are interested in the opportunity to lead an expanding team?
- Lead the Quality Department which consists of
- Quality Control (primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of raw materials and finished goods)
- Quality Assurance (ensuring that the Company’s Quality standards are met throughout the production process) as well being responsible for validation, Product Quality Reviews (PQRs) and pharmacovigilance.
- You will be part of the Senior Management Team, responsible for the day-to-day and strategic management of the Company.
- Manage and carry out supplier audits and an internal audit program.
- Maintain and improve the company’s existing Quality Management System.
- Participate during inspections and audits by external bodies such as the MHRA, British Retail Consortium and customers, including the review of previous audit reports and planning appropriate remedial action.
- Communicate significant quality issues and corrective/preventative actions to the Company’s Senior Management.
- Successfully represent the Company’s quality function to regulators, customers and suppliers.
- You will have a can-do attitude and significant experience in successfully leading and managing a Quality Team or Department – excellent management skills in this area are a pre-requisite for this position.
- You will be a Science Graduate, ideally in Chemistry or a very closely related subject
- You will have relevant experience, ideally in a cGMP manufacturing facility.
- You will have experience of working within a Quality Management System and be able to understand and demonstrate how it can add value and ensure compliance in a licensed manufacturing facility.
- You will be comfortable working in a team, interacting with departments across the business and at all levels within the business and you will be able to find the right balance between the regulatory and commercial aspects of the role.
- You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable dealing with regulators, customers and suppliers.