Work Location: FORT MCMURRAY
Start/End Dates: 11/26/2019 - 11/25/2020
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking an experienced Lab Technician IV for a 12-month contract in Fort McMurray at their Surmount site. The rotation is 14 days on 14 days off, and is fly in and out from Calgary or Edmonton.
- Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
- Oversees all analytical operations.
- Performs various analysis not limited to the following: Ph., turbidity, conductivity, hardness, alkalinity, sulphites, chlorides, bitumen-in-water using equipment such as Hach Spectrometer, Turner Fluorescence Meter, Titration Probes etc.
- Provides necessary training to ops staff when needed.
- Assists in developing site specific operating practices.
- Ensures QA/QC lab analysis procedures are correct and followed.
- Ensures appropriate test methods and standards are applied and measurement quality objectives are met.
- Monitors QA/QC procedures on a daily basis.
- Performs spot checks of analysis data and investigates/report any inconsistencies.
- Conducts regular internal QA/QC audits and reports on gaps found.
- Ensures laboratory facility is kept clean and in a safe and functional condition.
- Ensures that all laboratory supplies and expendables are available and in stock.
- Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
- Provides more technical support than administrative support.
- Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline.
- Ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations.
- Recommends solutions to complex problems.
- Performs major accountabilities.
- Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor.