Job DescriptionLocation: Downtown, Houston
Title: CAD Pipeline Designer/ Drafter
Our client is currently seeking a CAD Pipeline Designer/Drafter to join their Technical Engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the detailed piping design activities for a broad range of petroleum and petrochemical facility projects, including compression, storage, pumping, gathering, treating, and processing.
- Prepare detailed piping design and layout with 2D & 3D software.
- Develop and maintain P&ID’s
- Prepare or revise drawings or other engineering documentation from sketches and/or markups
- Work closely with Engineers and Senior Designers
- Perform work on a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, industry standards, and safety requirements
- Provides support as needed to the client Distribution terminals, Outside Supply Point terminals, and pipeline (many operate 24 x 7, 365 days a year)
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Must hold a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or related field, or diploma from an accredited technical school
- 5 years of CAD experience
- 5 years of experience in Piping and Instrumentation Designs (P&IDs)
- Familiar with all types of mechanical drawings, including: P&IDs, vendor equipment drawings, vessels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and modeling skills in CAD software
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks while maintaining efficiency and quality of work
- Strong project leadership with ability to lead without authority and excellent communication skills at all levels
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 5 or more years of design experience in a drafting environment developing Piping & Instrument Designs (P&IDs), piping plans and sections and piping bills of materials.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- High level of organizational skills and strong ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong modeling skills in CAD software