Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within Canada. Our client, a large JV is looking for a Civil Engineer for a 6 month contact in Calgary. The role is Monday-Friday and the individual must have their own accomodations.
- Promote HSE performance and Design for Safe Construction within the Project Organization and serve as a role model for safety in design and construction
- Review contractor design deliverables for allocated scope areas and ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Canadian and International codes and project design standards.
- Participation in technical meetings with EPC contractor and subcontractors.
- Address Technical Queries, Deviation Requests & site queries
- Support field engineering (ITP, QAQC) to ensure design is implemented according to contract specifications.
- Ensure implementation and gathering of lessons learned on civil design issues.
Skills & Requirements:
- University Degree (BSc or MSc) in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering registration with APEGBC / APEGA.
- 5-10 years of relevant design experience.
- Experience working in large oil & gas projects.
- Efficient interpersonal and communication skills.
- No Direct Reports
- Report to the Project Lead Civil Engineer
Work Location: Calgary, AB (EPC Office)