Job DescriptionLaboratory Technician – Biotech – Cambridge
For successful science and research to be carried out, a laboratory must run smoothly with the help of its support staff. My client, a leading Biotechnology company in the Cambridge region, is currently seeking the expertise of a Laboratory Technician to assist in the daily operation of support tasks to support the progression of its oncology drug pipeline towards the clinic.
Laboratory Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a high quality, safe laboratory environment and supporting the scientists in their everyday work.
- Maintaining databases of reagents (cell lines, proteins etc), COSHH and GMO assessments
- Maintaining a clean and tidy lab environment including organising lab cleaning and waste disposal, conducting regular inspections
- Ordering of Laboratory Consumables
- Co-ordination of incoming and outgoing shipments of chemical and biological reagents
- Graduate qualification or equivalent in a biological science or other relevant discipline
- Experience of carrying out a similar role in a biological lab is desirable
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to work efficiently and as part of a multidisciplinary, busy team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel
Please apply or send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org