POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Pasadena, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a leading Petrochemical Company, is looking to hire a Maintenance Planner for a permanent position based in Pasadena, TX.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
Provide planning and coordination of materials, equipment and manpower while maintaining efficiency in all aspects of plant maintenance. Must have practical knowledge of the work, tools, materials and equipment used in the day-to-day maintenance of a petrochemical facility and the ability to estimate, plan and schedule work. This position supports the continuous manufacture of quality high density polyethylene (HDPE) and specialty fluids (HDA), consistent with high standards of quality, safety, housekeeping and good employee relations.
- Understand, support, and comply with all plant safety policies and procedures, including Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), hot work, fall protection, traffic, lifting and rigging, confined space entry, and line break.
- Position requires on-call duties, and the successful candidate must be able to respond 24/7, 100% of the time to plant emergencies on short notice, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Complete all assigned training by deadline
- Contribute to continuous improvement by offering suggestions for long-term solutions to minimize costs, improve reliability, and improve loss control performance
- Plan maintenance work, requisition parts and services for plant, capital, and contract maintenance
- Create purchase requisitions and stock reservations for planned work to include materials and services
- Develop long and short term plans and schedules, including planned maintenance shutdown work
- Screen incoming work orders to identify and document job requirements, including required labor hours, total work duration, cost estimates, and skills required to perform the task
- Work closely with operations, other maintenance personnel, engineering, purchasing and outside contractors on a regular basis
- Prioritize and manage maintenance backlog and track and report backlog of planned work
- Create and update work procedures, bill of materials, and preventative maintenance plans
- Occasionally perform first line supervisory functions
- Field verify materials for planning
- Occasionally lift 50 pounds of objects to complete work
- Potential to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ba High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required; advanced training in field preferred
- Requires a minimum of three years’ maintenance planning experience using SAP and five years’ experience in an industrial environment; 10+ years preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities is required
- Computer literacy (Microsoft) is required
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete extensive testing, drug/alcohol screen, physical requirement evaluation and an extended training period
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world’s leading Petrochemical Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package with medical benefits, matching 401K, PTO, life insurance, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Dharani “Dot” Saiz.