Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking Project Engineer for a contract role in Calgary. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Business Development, Operations, Engineering and other internal groups to support the development and implementation of new projects
- Manage AFE and internal project management systems, including design, cost estimates, reporting, construction, and commissioning efforts for viable projects
- Ensure projects are completed safely, with minimal environmental impact, within all rules, regulations and industry best practices, on budget, on time, and are an operational success
- Support the ongoing development of Engineering and Technical Standards
- Complete operating cost estimates for new business opportunities
- Respond to field and office technical requests as required
- Knowledgeable in all current operating standards, codes, rules and regulations that impact pipeline and Crude facilities
- Engineering degree in an applicable discipline, professional engineering designation and eligible for registration in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
- Minimum 8 years of experience, in one or more of the following areas; pipeline, gas processing and drilling activities including directly related experience in design, construction and project management.
- Familiarity with labor, safety and environmental regulations and a working knowledge of both Canadian and U.S. codes and standards for pipelines.
- Team orientation with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a challenging/matrix environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and negotiating skills as well as excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated, innovative and capable of handling several assignments, managing a diverse range of stakeholders/contractors, and prioritize demands and workload are key competencies.