Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are working with a leading Engineering Contractor who service a robust client base across the Chemical, Petrochemical & Process Industries. The client is looking to engage with a highly experienced Control & Instrument Engineer to work on a contract basis.
The role will be predominately based at our client’s projects office, with a requirement to visit other sites across the central belt of Scotland, in addition to other locations within the UK. Operating as Client Engineer you will be working on a range of modification and upgrade projects across the various locations. The Client Engineer should be experienced in managing the full C&I project lifecycle from Inception through, commissioning and handover to Operation teams.
- Manage project life cycle of C&I projects from Inception, project brief / scope creation, liaison with client Framework contracts for Design and Build.
- Liaise with Client Procurement specialists for selection of design and build contractors.
- Creation of Construction Tender Package Scopes.
- Site visits to check quality, and progress of construction activities
- Commissioning and Handover to Operations teams.
- Previous Experience in Petrochemical, product storage, loading and off-loading.
- Excellent Knowledge of Instrumentation & Instrument Cabling: selection, application, Specification
- Knowledge of Functional Safety (TUV FSEng preferred)
- Excellent Knowledge of the selection and design of Instrumentation in Hazardous Areas (Compex 12 preferred or other proven competence)
- Experience in PLC Selection and Communications/Networks.
- Functional Safety (YUV FSEng)
- Management of contractors