Job DescriptionTRANSPORT MANAGER
Work Location: Dhahran Saudi Arabia
The Transport Manager will overlook, manage and continually improvise processes and operations of the travel and transport department. The scope includes but no limited to people management, travels and logistics point of contact and duties including, flight and hotel reservations, fleet management, schedule management, staff movement etc. The Transport Manager will also be responsible for the departmental budgets, vendor contracts, ensuring all policies and procedures are up-to-date and tracking/reporting/mitigating of all departmental risks and issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, communicate and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure the departmental objective is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Coordinates and manages employee travel and transport operations, which covers air, land, sea and hotel services and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
- Ensure the travel and transport operation meets its performance (KPI’s) and safety targets, monitoring it and reporting to senior management.
- Management and Execution of Vendor/Supplier contracts and ensure all SLA’s are met as per contractual obligations.
- Manage expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
Identify existing and possible future transport problems, develop transport models and investigate the feasibility of alternative means of transport as part of continual business improvement.
- Collaborate with other IMI managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members to ensure safety is not compromised in any manner.
- Manage and minimise disruption and resolve any unscheduled delays, having to make decisions in difficult situations.
- Explore available options in the marketplace for exceptional corporate rates around air, land, sea and hotel service providers in order to obtain best value and service possible for both IMI and its employees.
Communication and Working Relationships
Internal: Manages, directs, and reports travel and transport related activities to FM&SS Management team. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
External: Manage and liaise with various external vendors, contractors and suppliers as required. Ensure the Travel and Transport department policies adheres to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Transportation laws and regulations.
Who we are looking for:
A. Education Requirements:
• A Degree or Diploma in any Transportation, Travel, Logistics and Business or equivalent experience.
B. Work Experience:
• Over 10 years' experience in Transport, Logistics and Travel Management.
• Experience in setting up Travel and Transport department will be a great advantage.
C. License / Certification / Accreditation:
• Not mandatory.
D. Language Requirement:
• Excellent command of English (writing and speech).
E. Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• Excellent Computer Skills (all MS suites), Organized and Methodical, planning and problem-solving skills, Good Communicator
F. Additional / Other Requirement:
• Ability to work in a cooperative and collaborative manner within a culturally diverse work force.