Job DescriptionFull Stack Software Engineer (Front end Centric) – Permanent – London EC3V
Full Stack Software Engineer will be responsible for creating/maintaining both React web apps and back-end micro services and web services. Web services are written using the Play Framework. My client adopts Agile (SCRUM) Software development methodologies. The Full Stack Software Engineer will also have interest in NoSQL (Cassandra) databases and Spark.
Full Stack Software Engineer Key Responsibilities:-
- Take ownership for design, estimation, implementation, test and technical documentation of new features and components, ensuring compliance with my client’s standards and guidelines
- Ensure that maintenance and bug fixing activities on production code are done in a most efficient and customer aware way
- Provide third-level product support
- Several years of professional experience as a software developer
- Knowledge of the Java programming language (3+ years) is required
- Knowledge of React is beneficial
- Knowledge of Scala programming language is highly beneficial
- Knowledge and working experience with object-oriented design and design patterns is beneficial.
- Understanding of full product development life cycle
- Knowledge of recent development technologies, languages and tools is preferred
- Working experience in an Agile development environment is highly beneficial.
- Ability to develop robust, efficient and maintainable code.
- Feeling comfortable working with a large established code base.
- Ability to express innovative ideas to improve the product.
Educated to degree standard ideally in computer sciences (e.g. BSc, MSc) or similar appropriate education/experience
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK