Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international majors across resource sectors, including renewable energy, to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Construction Engineer – Solar to fulfil a 12 - 15 month contract position based in Queensland.
As a key member of the Owner’s team the primary responsibility of the Construction Engineer – Solar is to provide site-based representation during the construction phase of a utility scale Solar farm based in South West Queensland including:
- Safe site in line with our zero harm HSSE goals and statutory requirements
- Verified scope delivery per the quality cost and time agreements
- Fulfilment of company, consultant and contractor rights and contractual obligations
Responsibilities will include though are not limited to:
- Provide visible and clear HSSE leadership during construction on site. Is seen as a role-model for excellent HSSE performance on site.
- Ensure compliance with the core values (honesty, integrity and respect for people), Company Code of Conduct and General Business Principles.
- Manage both internal and external project stakeholders to communicate information, understand and set expectations and facilitate the project construction delivery objectives.
- Provide governance and assurance needed to ensure the various contractors deliver against their performance obligations.
- Engage with the various stakeholders to manage project risk, whilst ensuring that risk is not transferred to the Owner’s team contrary to the contracted risk allocations.
- Act as the site focal point and interface with all contractors responsible for the Solar farm construction, supported by, and reporting to the Owner’s team in relation to progress, issues and performance.
- Provide site co-ordination and interface between construction activities and existing site production activities.
- Proactively identify, assess and communicate construction delivery risks and opportunities, and assist in the development of plans and solutions for mitigation or implementation.
- Monitor construction quality including identification of deviations from project specifications and expedite the Contractor’s accountability for resolution,
- Perform, arrange or confirm: o Site measure / valuation of work done per contract o Adherence to contracted schedule o Adherence to contract terms
- Ensure construction activities deliver a contract compliant, ‘fit for purpose’ and ‘compliant to standards’ outcome,
- Track the project schedule, monitoring and reporting on construction scope progress and acting proactively to identify and address schedule issues and risks.
- Deliver integrated and verified daily, weekly and monthly site reports to the Owner’s team. Attributes:
- Experience in the Australian power industry, with recent site construction experience in Solar Power projects. Previous experience in the Oil and Gas industry is also desirable.
- Experience in working with Tier 1 customers and contractors on major projects ($100 million) as Owner’s Team site representative
- Willingness and enthusiasm to accept a challenge, with a strong safety focus and dedication to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for renewable energy.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills, supported by established relationships within the industry.
- An enthusiastic team player with good communication and ability to influence for the good of the overall project.
- Relevant formal qualifications from a recognised institution.
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 – 15 month contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.