Job DescriptionInnovative instrumentation designer and manufacturer requires a Manufacturing director to take complete responsibility for all aspects of manufacturing. Reporting to the main board this senior hire will perform a pivotal and high profile role within the production area of the company; developing and implementing a production strategy capable of meeting the company’s current output and future growth aspirations.
This senior hands on role will involve liaison with all levels of staff and management with regular reporting to the Directors of the business, key accountabilities will include;
- Management and Planning of the manufacturing operation and the creation of a new production management ethos across the company based on industry accepted best practices
- Development of capacity planning systems to assist workflow management
- Development and implementation of new processes and procedures aimed at improving build efficiency and streamlining the production process
- Development of MRP / MPS systems and with the production engineering group to ensure product BOM’s are structured correctly
- Management and development of the production team
- Commitment to continuous improvement and cost reduction projects, with the development of KPI’s to measure delivery
- Working with the production engineering and quality groups to ensure the correct distribution of all manufacturing documentation and the co-ordination of production queries with the Quality / Change Control system.
We are looking for a senior, hands on leader with significant experience in production management in an engineering environment. We are particularly interested in managers with a background in a technical engineering SME or those from an automotive production background.
Ideally a qualified engineer, you will need a detailed understanding of Planning, BOM maintenance and creation, Work Orders and Sales Order Management within an MRP System. You will be a natural and assertive leader, with a proven track record of delivering production improvements through the development and implementation of new processes.
This key role provides an opportunity to make a significant impact in an ambitious, unique company. If you’d like to hear more please get in touch.