Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Type: Full Time, Expat
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has an expat, permanent opportunity for a Data Scientist to be based in the Middle East – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Data Scientist – Expat – Middle East
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join the Portfolio Governance of Emerging Unconventional Assets Department.
The Portfolio Governance is responsible for providing technical solutions to streamline, track and monitor operations and projects. The division is responsible for adopting technologies within Unconventional Resources that enable the monitoring and streamlining of large-scale operations whilst ensuring data quality preservation. The division is also responsible for data analytics, digital transformation and Big Data solutions (IR4.0).
Your primary role is will be to help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis, and creating various machine learning-based tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess existing operations and provide recommendations to develop solutions and revise standards and procedures, as necessary.
- Identify valuable data sources and build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytical systems.
- Verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of their performance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of trends and developments throughout geoscience technology; provide background information regarding suitable applications and computer technologies related to subsurface interpretation.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences from a recognized and approved program with deep understanding of Computer Science.
- 5 years’ recent solid experience in exploration, unconventional plays.
- Minimum 2 years in software engineering.
- Experience with Petrel is required.
- Experience with Petrosys, Decision Space Desktop, and other exploration technology is a plus.
- In depth understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
- Ability to demonstrate Problem-solving aptitude.
- Experience with common data science toolkits is also necessary.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as Python, Hive, Pig.
- Ability to use the latest software development technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world’s leading Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with tax breaks incentives, an expat premium, housing, schooling for children, retirement savings, pension, 100% covered medical benefits for family, flights back home, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.