Job DescriptionGroup Head of Facilities Engineering
The group head of facilities engineering will lead and manage the facilities and site service engineering teams to provide engineering support to facilities and maintenance activities and facilities led projects. Key roles include management, planning and delivery of all facilities maintenance and facilities led project engineering activities across the group of sites to high standards of compliance with the business and regulatory requirements.
To ensure that all work carried out by the department meets current health, safety and environmental requirements.
Be responsible for the strategic and daily management of the sites’ facilities management including building fabric, hard services (mechanical and electrical) and soft services (Cleaning, landscaping and other contracted services).
- Develop and implement the department’s strategy for asset care for equipment under the department control and drive improvements in overall engineering performance. This will be through direction of the engineering teams involved with the installation and ongoing maintenance of business nit utilities and facilities across all group sites in compliance with statuary regulation and company procedures
- Ensure, though suitable training, that technical expertise and knowledge of key equipment, utilities and legalisation exists within the department.
- Assume a lead role in the delivery of facilities led capital projects.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on the design & procurement of utilities and facilities equipment.
- Preparation and management of facilities engineering budgets. Plan and control facilities revenue spend to budget.
- Develop, maintain and improve engineering processes to execute all engineering activity in a safe and compliant way.
- Ensure that all engineering activities are completed in compliance with HSE requirements including the provision of risk assessments and method statements for all relevant activities.
- Maintain site engineering documentation
- Ensuring that all GMP and other calibration routines are completed on time.
- Management/Supervision of and contribution to facilities project specific CAD design work, liaising with other departments with regards to these issues to ensure all regulation compliance is adhered to.
- Providing facilities engineering representation at engineering project related group company meetings.
- Work with the individual business units to develop service level agreements and ensure that they are adhered to.
- Support productivity improvements to ensure that the business units engineering & maintenance activities return maximum value to the organisation.
- Develop he maintenance competence, specifically the upskilling of staff to meet the requirements of new assets and new technologies.
- Actively review the implementation of quality systems within the engineering function in order to ensure compliance with site SOPs and regulatory expectations.
- Ensure the validation status of key assets is periodically reviewed as required and ensure that re validation efforts are planned and resources to ensure compliance with ISO expectations.
- Act as custodian and advocate of safety of engineering work on site and leader of good governance around internal and external compliance (health & safety and environment)
- Assisting with interviewing and selection process for engineering recruitment.
- Degree level qualification in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience in the Pharmaceutical industry /fine chemical industry.
- Experience of defining maintenance engineering strategy for facilities engineering.