|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Contact Name:||Katherine Capatayan|
|Job Published:||November 10, 2019 09:49|
Work Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Our Asset Management and Marine Operations business is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their multicultural team based in Damman.
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for reviewing and managing all project/department related costs from initial budget estimates to final completion, analysing cost saving initiatives whilst adhering to the defined specifications, standards and quality.
6 to 10 years of industry experience with a min 2 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor role in shipbuilding, oil & gas or equivalent industry.
Overall at least 8 years of industry experience.
Understanding of Asset Management/ERP systems, and ISO standards.
Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
Who we are looking for:
Qualification in Mechanical, Electrical, Structural or Civil Engineering with further Quantity Surveyor Studies
Candidates with Quantity Surveying backgrounds obtained from either client direct, consultancy or contractor backgrounds.
We are looking for ambitious individuals who seek a rewarding career challenge in a first class working environment.
Professional Study for qualifications will be encouraged and supported
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role will include:-
1. Conduct feasibility study of tender documents ensuring all related project costs are taken into consideration.
2. Review of contract agreements & advising Project Managers of key elements & obligations required to be met.
3. Preparation of cash flow projections, department spend profiles and monitoring progress.
4. Ensure all elements relating to the project (Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Commissioning, Budgets) are analysed for potential cost saving initiatives whilst adhering to design specifications, standards and quality.
5. Prepare and deliver reports/presentations for the General Manager as required.
6. Prepare project related contractual correspondence submitting for internal approval prior to transmission.
7. Support the Project Managers/Engineers providing guidance to resolve identified contractual and operational issues, warranty, insurance, invoicing etc.
8. Evaluate technical & operational recommendations and manage the cost change according to guidelines & parameters set by Executive Management.
Note: Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted for this role.