Start Date: April 2019
Duration: 12 Months Rolling
Control of Work (CoW) Authority is responsible for leading the organisation in all aspects of CoW.
- Establishing and maintaining a pragmatic and fit for purpose control of work system consistent with industry good practices, to enable the safe and efficient execution of work.
- Setting the strategic direction including feedback to the client Leadership Team on improvements in control of work standards.
- Acting as the authority for all control of work related issues, the role provides leadership and technical excellence in control of work within the project.
- Managing the CoW Team to oversee the efficient and effective day to day operation of the Project Control of Work system.
- Ensuring that the control of work system is aligned with risk management processes including identifying issues/gaps and establishing plans and interventions.
- Ensuring that a robust process is in place for measuring the effectiveness of and conformance with the control of work system.
- Leading the development of the local national CoW Team.
- Providing input to incident investigations on CoW related factors to ensure that actions are developed to drive learning and prevent reoccurrence.
- Acting as Contract Accountable Manager (CAM) for contracts which support the of operational CoW system.
- Managing budgets associated with the maintenance and development of CoW standards.
- Degree qualified in an engineering or science subject, or equivalent.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Deep CoW experience through site leadership roles including Area Authority and Site Controller.
- Significant experience in an operational capacity in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience working CoW issues in Wells, Operations and Brownfield Construction.
- Experience working with electronic permit systems.
- Track record of leading capability change.
- Mature influencing skills.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- HSE qualification for example NEBOSH would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a JV including culturally diverse environment would be a significant advantage.
- Prior experience of implementing behavioural change in support of the improvement CoW standards.
- Experience is the application of Human Performance principles in support of CoW and risk reduction.
- Arabic language skills would be an advantage.