Location: Artesia, New Mexico
Duration: Contract to hire
Rate: Competitive pay + perdiem
Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing capital projects. Develops and adheres to project budgets. This position will provide technical support, leadership, and oversight for compressor station and pipeline projects. Performs all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and government requirements.
- Must be able to manage projects of varying magnitude and complexity from conception to start-up for gathering compressor station and pipeline projects.
- Utilizes leadership and organization ability to coordinate task force to serve multiple refinery related projects simultaneously
- Maintain quality control/assurance of work products
- Must be able to develop project scopes, estimate project costs, and prepare funding requests for projects on existing compressor stations as well as pipeline associated projects
- Must be proficient in developing and maintaining project schedules while maintaining quality and schedules.
- Must be able to understand and comply with construction contracts.
- Must be able to prepare bid requests and evaluate such based on sound engineering and business principles.
- Must maintain knowledge and ability to apply engineering standards as they relate to the specific project.
- Must be able to handle assignments and projects with minimal supervision and complete within acceptable time standards.
- Must be capable of providing equipment specifications per client standards and order appropriate materials for projects.
- Must have knowledge of natural gas gathering, compression, processing and marketing.
- Review and maintain control of overall cost and schedule commitments
- Supervise for all phases and disciplines of engineering, drafting and construction
- Provide special assignment services
- Manage (and/or performs designs) for small and medium-sized projects
- Maintain coordination and communication with client to meet overall project goals, schedules, costs and quality
- Lead project task force
- Prepare reports, submittals and documentation
- B.S. in Engineering
- 7-10 years of experience
- 5+ years of experience managing refinery/industrial plant projects