Our client is currently recruiting for a Materials Management Specialist to join their team. The position requires someone to fulfil the following duties:
- Assist with managing the clients’ inventories in an efficient and economic manner to maintain the continuity of supply of materials to support the operations and to ensure that any production down-time experienced at the facilities is not attributed to the non-availability of inventory.
- Ensure that the analysis of inventory is an ongoing process to identify trends and exceptions that are potential threats to a dynamic and efficient inventory and influence user department strategies to minimize inventory costs and to optimize plant continuity.
- Continuously monitor actual inventory investment value against approved cumulative inventory investment level, assess major variances and manage required actions in conjunction with Finance and user department to maintain the appropriate inventory level.
- Coordinate the processing of stocking requests to ensure appropriate approvals and establishment of effective provisioning levels.
- Manage the review and approval/rejection of requests for return to stock.
- Assist with the inventory stock check program ensuring compliance with JOA together with the assurance that all discrepancies identified are reviewed thoroughly prior to seeking approval to write on or off.
- Assist with the disposal process as required ensuring compliance with all relevant documents and to maintain ethical work practices at all times to gain the best commercial return for the client.
- Assist with the reporting of statistical data and information to Supply Chain management, Finance and user departments where appropriate.
- Assist with procurement and expediting duties via SAP as directed.
- Manage and/or participate in special projects as deemed appropriate to ensure optimum performance of associated Materials Management processes.
- Superior experience and knowledge of Inventory Management processes, strategies, analysis and philosophies
- Overall Supply Chain skills and a high level knowledge of Materials management principles
- Superior SAP skills (MM module) and a good awareness of the functionality of both AP and PM Modules
- Advanced skills using MS Office packages i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Minimum 3 years plus Inventory Management experience, preferably in an Oil and Gas industry operational environment