Our client is currently seeking a Loader Operator for a contract position in Bienfait, SK.
This position supports logistics and yard operations by operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders and other pieces of equipment, used to transport tubular product and accessories for clients the oil and gas industry. Additionally, the Loader Operator is also responsible for cleaning, maintaining and securing all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures.
- Safely transport tubular product and accessories and prepare loads
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks of equipment
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Practice workplace safety
- Maintain inventory
- Perform pre-winter, winter, spring and summer maintenance on yard
- Perform other related duties
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience operating a loader, and handling tubular product
- Experience with operating Pettibone Super 15 & 20 models with pipe grapples as well as JD & Cat loaders with bucket or pipe grapple
- High school education is required
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Knowledge of safe equipment operation and procedures, maintenance and cleaning standards
- Problem solving, decision making and effective communication skills
- Time management skills and the ability to record pickups and daily records
- Intermediate knowledge of other Microsoft Office software is an asset
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ensure completion by deadlines.
- Strong proven analytical and organization skills
- Attention to detail is critical in the role